Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!!!


Man. I can't believe another year is over.  But I must admit I'm excited to see what 2014 has in store for our family. Ready to start fresh. New year. New blessings. New goals. New excitement!! I'm ready!! 

This may sound silly, but there are certain times I am filled with this amazing since of joy. It usually just happens. I'm not doing anything in particular, and most times I'm not even doing anything fun or exciting. It's just something that comes over me. Like I'm glad to just be alive and doing whatever it is I'm doing. Just an amazing, happy feeling. Something that I had never really experienced before. I love when it happens. It gets me excited. Determined. Thankful. 

2013 wasn't a bad year by any means. It surely has been full of blessings. I've learned and grown so much in the last year and I'm very thankful for every experience that was brought our way. Am I sad to see it go? Maybe just a little. But I am so excited to see what God has planned in the year ahead.  While I realize my life will never be like it used to be, I'm really ok with that. I don't want to look back. I want to look ahead. We may not have the home, money, or stuff that we used to, but I am so thankful for the way our family has grown together. I love my husband more than ever and find myself thankful for things that used to drive me crazy. I MAKE more time to simply play or just spend time with my boys. Instead of just spending a few minutes getting them involved in something so I can have a chance to get something done, I actually sit down and play. I love it. I even think most times I have more patience with them then I used to. Don't get me wrong, every day is not a perfect day. Most are very far from perfect. But you know what? Were together. To me that's all that matters. 

Every morning the first thing I do, even before I open my eyes is thank God for another day. I could care less about the money, the house or the stuff. I just want to be together. I want to grow old with my husband. I want to see my boys have families of their own. I want to see our parents be great grand-parents. What God has planned I really don't know. But for now I will keep on thanking him for each and every day. I honestly wasn't sure I'd see another year, so I am so incredibly thankful for each and every day!!
Alright 2014. Bring it on!!!!!

This is the day that The Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment