Saturday, December 7, 2013

Made for each other....

It shouldn't surprise me, but I am once again amazed at the way God works. The way he organizes things into His plan before we even have any idea about it, before we're even born for that matter. It's just awesome. I've always loved my husband. Very much. But with everything that's been happening this last year, I've gained a whole new respect for the man that he is.


When we said our vows 11 years ago, I don't think either one of us was prepared for some of the things we'd face as husband and wife. I am so incredibly thankful that God chose him for me.

It may sound silly but just having him around makes me feel better. He doesn't have to say or do anything, just be close by. He's gone on the weekends for work and I always feel so excited on Monday mornings knowing he will be back home. Now don't get me wrong, there are times I'd like to smack him upside his head, (and I'm sure he'd love to do the same to me sometimes!) but the way he has taken over in all this makes me feel so less likely to actually do it!

Sometimes he's so organized im afraid to touch anything! He has all my medical documents organized and copies are on his phone and iPad.  We have a synced calendar listing all of my appointments and dates to start and stop taking my medicines. He even has little "alarms" set to help me remember. There are copies of every MRI and CT Scan I've had neatly filed away. You name it, he's got it! It really makes me proud. I know that may sound funny, but it does. It's very comforting to know where I am lacking, he's picking up the slack. Makes all these changes a little easier to swallow.

Speaking of changes, as we celebrate our 11th Anniversary today, I was thinking about all the things that have changed.  11 yrs ago I was 19 and he was 22. We both had nice figures, loved to sleep in and would go grocery shopping in the middle of the night. We had our "song" that we would sing and quote to each other. Life was great.

11 yrs later I'm 30 and he's 33.  Were both well fed, haha, we hardly ever get to sleep in, we've got to be home by 6 pm to get the boys bathed and to bed and we now sing a "kick cancers butt" song as our family theme. But life is still great. I would actually say better. Yes, we had more money then, more free time and were more spontaneous but I love our life together.  God has blessed us in ways I would never have imagined. I really am excited to see what God has planned for us in the years ahead. I am so very blessed.

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. (Ecclesiastes 4:9, 10 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment