Tuesday, May 6, 2014

God's Promises

Did something tonight that I haven't been able to do in quite awhile. I gave little g a bath. On my own. This may sound crazy, but it was a great feeling. A little bit of "normal" back in my life. It made me think of the days before all this. When our life was "normal."
So often I long for that life back. It even makes me sad to think that our lives will never be that way again. I think sometimes we get so caught up in our daily life that we very easily take little things for granted. Like being able to give our kids a bath. Who ever would have thought that would bring me so much joy.

My husband and I have been discussing plans on how to get both boys to and from school next year. Something that should be so easy turns into who can we ask to help us. I'm determined that I WILL drive again. But we can't use that as our plan until it happens. When my vision is really bad, which is most days now, I get so frustrated and start to doubt that I will ever see like I used to again. It's been on my mind so much lately. Life would be so much simpler if I could drive. We wouldn't have to rely on everyone to constantly help us. And besides, I really think it would help me to have a little independence back in my life.
This may be totally off the topic but I just have to share how God uses every day situations to show us He's still here.

I was at a Drs appt with my husband today and he asked me if I noticed the nurses glasses. When she came back in I saw that she had a prism on her lenses. We asked her about it and she said that it really helps her and that she's only met one other person who has a prism like hers.

At my last appt with the neuro-optometrist, he said a prism might really help my vision. He used one to "test" my eyes and I really could see! He wanted to monitor me for a bit before telling us to invest in getting one. We go back to see him in June and you can bet I will be asking about it! But talking with her made me think to myself, "Ok God. You've totally got this." I mean seriously, what are the odds of running into someone with the prism at a Drs. appt for my husband??
I love the reassurance God gives. Sometimes it really does feel like there is no way this will all work out and I just can't understand why we have to go through it. And to be honest, it's scary. But I know He's always there and it's things like this that confirm it. Its things like this that help me get through the scary stuff.

It's been crazy lately. In the same day last week, my husband was in a car accident on the way to work(thank you God he is fine!), we had to put our sweet pup of 13 yrs to sleep, and the company my husband works for announced some major changes and had several hundred lay-offs. My mind and emotions have been mush. But there is still no doubt in my mind that God is in control. I've made myself literally find the blessings in each situation. It's not always easy, but I know there is always a blessing to be found.

We sang the song "Promises" by Sanctus Real at church this past Sunday. The lyrics are amazing and just what I needed to hear at a time when I was feeling completely overwhelmed. When it comes to Gods promises, there is nothing I could ever be more sure about. His promises are what get me through each day.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment