Friday, November 22, 2013

Blended Emotions :)


I am still having a hard time knowing whether I should laugh or cry at this... I've been doing both every time I think about it! I'm going to try and keep this short. It's just too crazy not to share.

Earlier this year some friends introduced us to green drink smoothies. The boys and I love them. My MIL started to make them and we were hooked. Only problem is we don't have a blender. I've been wanting to get one but we just haven't had the extra money to get a decent one so I've been putting it off until we do.

On the front porch this morning we found a large box that we somehow missed the evening before. The boys and I brought it inside and started to unwrap it. The return label was from an out of state family member who I've never had the opportunity to meet.  When we got to the package inside we read the box and you will never guess what was inside..... A blender!!!!! I couldn't believe it!! We opened the box to make sure that's really what was inside and sure enough, it was a blender!! There was also a notebook with some smoothie recipes as well as a very sweet note. I was brought to tears by what the note said:

“I know you're probably wondering why I would send you a blender. Let me explain- a few nights ago I couldn't sleep. I had finished praying, my body was ready for sleep, but I kept thinking "send Katie a blender." I was confused, wondering where this thought came from, so I asked, "God, are you telling me to send  a blender?" I felt the spirit say "yes" but I thought " this is strange." I mean everyone knows you don't give women health stuff as a gift! The next morning I forgot about Gods request. I logged into my email and guess what was the first thing in my inbox...an email from my blender company! I have never received anything from them before this. I knew instantly this was not a coincidence but God answering me in a more direct way so my human brain would have no doubt, "yes, I am telling you to send a blender." The entire way to the store I was nervous, thinking "this is weird. I barely know her and this will offend her if she thinks I am judging her." But I don't want to be swallowed by a whale either :) so here we are. I'm sorry if you are offended by this strange gift but God must want you to have an easy way to get the healthy foods your body needs to beat this cancer.......”

So how crazy is that??? God told a family member I've never met to send me a blender!!! But I'm also taking it as God telling me that my family and I need to get healthy. I've started to make changes here and there but I feel like this is Gods way of saying "no excuses." I'm so excited to try out the recipes and make smoothies a part of our daily meal routine. :)

Lord, you continue to amaze me. Thank you for the way you continue to take care of us and lead us along your path.

The steps of a person are ordained by The Lord- so how can anyone understand his own way?
Proverbs 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment